Tuesday, November 10, 2009

John Lennon: All I Want is the Truth


John Lennon: All I Want is the Truth
A Photographic Biography
By: Elizabeth Partridge
Penguin Group, 2005
In this biography we learn about the life of John Lennon. Starting out with his childhood and ending with The Beatles reaction to John Lennon's unexpected death. We learn about the difficult life John Lennon led largely due to the many people he loved and lost. We learn about how The Beatles began and the crazy life they led, John's drug abuse, difficulty with relationships, and his bond with fellow Beatle band members. When The Beatles break up or as John says "divorce" John is faced with an identity crisis. When John starts to get a hold of his life and identity his life ends suddenly. He leaves a legacy of amazing music and art behind.

Personal Review: This book was so interesting. I never got bored reading this book which is what I was worried about reading a biography. One thing I was reminded of while reading this is how much more liberal the U.K. is then us. Warning: This book talks about sex and drugs and is filled with swear words. I do not regret reading this book because it gave me a greater understanding of John Lennon, The Beatles, and the 1960's.

256 pages




No comments:

Post a Comment