Monday, August 8, 2011

The Uglies

The Uglies, by Scott Westerfield, is the first in a series. It is also the only one out of the series that I have read, or care to read. The book is about a dystopian society, that in order to create equality, gives all citizens an operation to become a "pretty" at age 16. The book centers on Tally, who is about to turn 16, and is excited to become pretty. At least that is what she thought, when her new friend Shay disappears, Tally is forced to make some quick, and vital decisions, that could not only affect her, but the ones she loves as well.
This girl doesn't look ugly enough to be on the cover of a book called "Uglies," but I guess that's kind of the point.
 The book was decent, it took me a while to get through because I got bored at a few parts. A part of me wants to read the series to see what else happens, but as of now, it's not priority on my reading list. A couple of my high school students really loved this series though, so don't let my opinion stop you.

No comments:

Post a Comment